1. What is a Property Factor?
In Scotland, every Property Manager (sometimes referred to as a Property Factor) must be listed on the Property Factors register, to comply with the Property Factors Scotland Act 2011. In the following video we explain our role as a Property Factor.
2. Working with homeowners
People want a property factor who ensures their property is well maintained and properly looked after; safe in the knowledge that the money they pay towards maintenance is spent wisely.
At FirstPort, we work every day to deliver the highest standards of customer service, always listening to our resident’s opinions and needs. Our dedicated team is backed up by in-house specialist support, including accounting, health and safety and surveying, to keep your home secure and in the best condition, so that you can have peace of mind.
3. How do I change Property Factor?
When buying your home, you may not have had a say in who the Property Factor is, and you may be unaware of what they do and why. If you’re not satisfied with the service you’re receiving, it is possible to change property factor, as we explain in the following video:
4. Working with homebuilders and developers
We create bespoke solutions for developers and housebuilders that maximise asset performance and offer an exceptional resident experience. We’ll work with you to manage:
- Developments with a wide range of communal facilities and plant such as lifts, gardens, entry/security gates, water pumps, heating boilers and entry systems.
- All elements of development health and safety.
- Service charge modelling across mechanical and electrical equipment, infrastructure, fixtures and fittings, redecoration, utilities and communications, grounds, operating costs, staffing and phasing.
- All your legal obligations, including those relating to sustainability and the environment.
In short, FirstPort Property Services Scotland is a direct extension to your own team. We can also add further value to your development by assisting with design, sustainability, feasibility and usability, no matter the size, nature or location.
5. Want to know more? Just get in touch...
To learn more about the range of property factoring services we provide to clients, call us on 0333 321 4077 or complete the form below and somebody from our new business team will be in touch.
Please note that this contact form is for new business enquiries only. If you’re a customer looking to get in touch with an enquiry, please visit our Customer Service page.