02 October 2020
Because of the Coronavirus pandemic, the hiring process has changed considerably for many companies, and most job interviews are now being conducted virtually rather than through a face-to-face meeting.
As if having an interview wasn’t nerve-wracking enough, having to do it via a new channel can be overwhelming, so we’ve collaborated with our recruitment team to share with you their “top tips” to help you prepare for your next video interview.
- Test your computer equipment before the call – ensuring your sound and audio is perfect.
- Dress to impress – dress as you would if you were meeting face to face.
- Correct backdrop – try to sit in front of a blank backdrop, so you are the focal point.
- Concentrate on your body language – convey confidence, sit up straight and smile.
- Eliminate distractions – turn off the TV and mobile phone, close windows.
- Make a connection – don’t be afraid to ask the recruiter about them and discuss a common interest to break the ice.
- Be yourself – show your enthusiasm and be expressive when answering questions.
- Follow up – send an email, thanking them for their time. It’s also a good opportunity to re-confirm your interest in the role.
So, you’ve now seen how to make a great first impression on a virtual interview, why not search our careers website for our latest vacancies. Find out more: www.firstportcareers.co.uk/