Choosing to become a Resident Management Company (RMC) Director, taking ownership for the day-to-day management and maintenance of your development, is a significant responsibility.
We understand the pressures and complexities that property management creates for a Resident Management Company – we’re here to help. With over 40 years’ experience managing people’s homes in developments of every shape and size, we know what it takes to get things right.
We care about preserving the value of the homes and developments we manage. That’s why we have such extensive resources at our disposal, with property managers supported by specialist in-house teams. From health and safety, surveying and procurement through to finance, legal and insurance – we’ve got it covered.
We work with Resident Management Companies across the UK, helping them to deliver a consistent, high quality service for their leaseholders and ensuring they meet all of their management and legal obligations.
It’s our Four Pillars that make the difference for RMCs
Our approach to managing our customers’ homes is underpinned by our values Four Pillars. They are unique to us, and are what sets us apart from other Managing Agents. Without them, we wouldn’t be able to do such a great job of looking after our residents’ homes and communities.
Strong Health & Safety
The health and safety of our customers is our number one priority. We are proud to be the first property management business in the UK to receive a five-star rating from the British Safety Council. We’ve now achieved this for four consecutive years, as well as the prestigious Sword of Honour, recognising us as one of only eighty four companies globally who has reached the pinnacle of health, safety and environmental management.
High Site Standards
As an accredited member of the Association of Residential Managing Agents (ARMA), we expect high levels of professionalism from our employees and contractors at all times to make sure your development is maintained to the highest standard. All of our property managers are encouraged to qualify with the Institute of Residential Property Management (IRPM).
Great Customer Communications
We aim to communicate with you in a friendly, open and honest way. We want our customers to feel we are easy to do business with and experience great customer service. Over the past twelve months, we have received over 4,000 customer compliments for FirstPort employees’ excellent customer service through the independently managed WOW! Awards.
Healthy Estate Finances
We take looking after our customers’ money very seriously. We always operate to the highest levels of regulation and integrity. We always consult on major expenditure.
How we help Resident Management Companies
We understand that RMC Directors are looking for peace of mind and value for money from their managing agent. Working in partnership with you, we will:
- Conduct regular site visits and assess performance against our Four Pillars
- Ensure health and safety and fire risk assessment compliance
- Issue service charge budgets and accounts and collect and process service charge payments
- Manage repairs, maintenance and major works
- Work with our national network of specialist suppliers
- Provide out of hours emergency support
- Recruit and manage on-site staff
- Define and place all key insurances using our in-house brokerage
- Provide financial, maintenance and management information via our online portal
- Maintain interest bearing client bank accounts held under statutory trust
- Complete and file annual accounts and other statutory information with Companies House
- Attend AGMs and regular meetings with leaseholders
… we can also act as your Company Secretary and registered office if required.
Free development health check
Whether it’s your first time selecting a managing agent, or you are looking to switch providers, we can help. Our free development health check will benchmark the performance of your development against each of our Four Pillars:
- Checking your service charge is value for money
- Highlighting any health and safety risks
- Identifying enhancements to the presentation of your development
- Providing advice on how to improve resident communication
- Highlighting any issues and advising on solutions
- Helping you reach an informed decision on the future of your development
Want to know more? Just get in touch…
Whether it’s your first time selecting a managing agent, or you are looking to switch providers, we can help. Call us on 01582 393 756 or complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.