Appointing a professional managing agent is fundamental to the success of the Residents’ Management Company. It’s a complex role that requires knowledge of landlord and tenant law, building construction, health and safety regulations, basic accounting and more.
The relationship you have with your managing agent should be based on a partnership and you should expect nothing less than the highest standards of property management. Here are some of the key things you should expect when partnering with a professional agent:
- The service charge structure should be clear and transparent.
- Service charge funds should be held in a dedicated account.
- There should be a process in place for setting, collecting and allocating the service charge to guarantee value for money.
- Health and safety considerations for residents, visitors, staff and third-party contractors should be in place, in date and fit for purpose.
- Agents should respond to repairs, scheduled maintenance, inspections, major works and use sub-contractors in a timely manner.
- Personnel assigned to the building should have the relevant qualifications, industry accreditations, and competence in landlord and tenant law, building construction, health and safety regulations, basic accounting, technology, leaseholder communications and customer service.
- Sub-contracted work should follow clear and thorough processes.
Want to know more? Just get in touch…
Whether it’s your first time selecting a managing agent, or you’re looking to switch providers, we can help. Call us on 01582 393 756 or get in touch below:
Residents’ Management Companies
- How do I become a director for my Residents’ Management Company?
- I’m unhappy with the service provided by my current managing agent. Can I switch to a new one?
- What are the legal requirements of an RMC director?
- What are the roles and responsibilities of an RMC director?
- What do I need to consider when tendering for a new managing agent?
- What insurance does a Residents’ Management Company need?
- What qualifications and accreditations should a managing agent have?
- What service and support should I expect from my managing agent?
- Where can I find further information about becoming an RMC director?