If you’re considering changing your managing agent, here are a few of our top tips for tendering:
- Don’t feel daunted about changing your managing agent. Remember, you’re the customer.
- Make a note of all your requirements in a documented brief.
- Shortlist potential managing agents and interview each of them against your requirements.
- Invite your preferred agents to tender, setting them a clear deadline to submit their proposal.
- Review the submissions before inviting each of them to present their proposals.
- Determine how well each agent matches your requirements and the needs of your development.
- Ensure that your decision criteria is a blend of capability, service, price and personal chemistry.
- Make your choice. Advise the unsuccessful bidders by phone and in writing and be ready to give feedback.
- Appoint your chosen partner by phone and in writing, then work together on the handover timeline.
Want to know more? Just get in touch…
We think that switching managing agent should be a smooth and stress free experience. If you’re unhappy with how your development is being managed, we’d love to help you get back on track. Simply call us on 01582 393 756 or get in touch below:
Residents’ Management Companies
- How do I become a director for my Residents’ Management Company?
- I’m unhappy with the service provided by my current managing agent. Can I switch to a new one?
- What are the legal requirements of an RMC director?
- What are the roles and responsibilities of an RMC director?
- What do I need to consider when tendering for a new managing agent?
- What insurance does a Residents’ Management Company need?
- What qualifications and accreditations should a managing agent have?
- What service and support should I expect from my managing agent?
- Where can I find further information about becoming an RMC director?