What is block management?
Block management is where a property manager (or ‘managing agent’) cares for the communal areas (both inside and outside) of residential blocks of flats or apartment buildings on behalf of a landlord, developer, Resident Management Company (RMC), or Right to Manage Company (RTM).
There are a few different terms for block management in the residential property management industry. You may sometimes hear it referred to as ‘flat management’, ‘estate management’, or ‘leasehold management’.
Why do I need a block management company?
Successfully managing a block of flats requires a professional and dedicated approach to residential property management. It also calls for a good working knowledge of a broad range of practices, such as landlord and tenant law, facilities management, health and safety regulations and building safety, to name just a few.
From overseeing the maintenance of the building and managing the service charge budget and accounts, to ensuring compliance with all management and legal obligations, it can be time consuming. A dedicated residential block management company can help lighten the load and keep everything running smoothly.
Our residential block management services
If you’re looking for a professional and reliable block management company, look no further. Our services include:
- Conducting regular site visits and assessing performance against our Four Pillars.
- Ensuring health and safety, fire risk assessment and asset compliance.
- Issuing service charge budgets and accounts.
- Collecting and processing service charge payments.
- Managing repairs, maintenance and major works.
- Working with our national network of specialist suppliers.
- Providing out of hours emergency support.
- Managing on site teams.
- Ensuring appropriate insurance is in place with the help of FirstPort Insurance Services Limited, an independent insurance broker regulated by the FCA.
- Providing financial, maintenance and management information via My Home, our online customer portal.
- Maintaining interest bearing client bank accounts held under statutory trust.
Want to know more? Just get in touch…
To learn more about the range of expert residential block management services we provide to clients, simply complete the form below and somebody from our New Business team will be in touch: