What is block management?
Block management is where a property manager cares for the communal areas (both inside and outside) of residential blocks of flats or apartment buildings on behalf of a landlord or a Resident Management Company (RMC).
There are a few different terms for block management in the property management industry, you may sometimes hear it referred to as ‘flat management’, ‘estate management’, or ‘leasehold management’.
Why do I need a block management company?
Successfully managing a block of flats requires a professional and dedicated approach to property management. It also calls for a good working knowledge of a broad range of practices, such as landlord and tenant law, facilities management, health and safety regulations and building safety to name just a few.
From arranging structural repairs, to overseeing building inspections, to financial accounting and auditing, block management can be time consuming, so a dedicated residential block management company can help to lighten the load and keep everything running smoothly.
Our residential block management services
If you’re looking for a professional and reliable block management company, look no further! Our block management services include:
- Conduct regular site visits and assess performance against our Four Pillars
- Ensure health and safety, fire risk assessment and asset compliance
- Issue service charge budgets and accounts and collect and process service charge payments
- Manage repairs, maintenance and major works
- Work with our national network of specialist suppliers
- Provide out of hours emergency support
- Manage on site teams
- Ensure appropriate insurance is in place with the help of FirstPort Insurance Services Limited, an independent insurance broker regulated by the FCA
- Provide financial, maintenance and management information via our online portal
- Maintain interest bearing client bank accounts held under statutory trust
Want to know more? Just get in touch…
To learn more about the range of expert residential block management services we provide to clients, call us on 01582 393 756 or complete the form below we’ll be in touch.