Not only do we carefully assess our partners in advance, but we also assess them on a regular basis to make sure their approach matches ours – excellence in all that we do.
The partner companies we choose to work with must share our values and meet our tough criteria across Health & Safety, insurance, financial history.
In short, you can leave it all to us. Your experience – and our reputation – are too important.
Keeping Our Contractors Safe
To be a contractor for FirstPort you will need to have a written health & safety policy and follow health and safety regulations. You may also be required to write a risk assessment and/or method statement. These documents may be required as part of your application.
There are helpful guides, tools and templates available from the Health & Safety Executive:
- Directors H&S responsibilities
- A brief guide to risk assessment
- Health and Safety toolbox – controlling risks
- Health & Safety made simple
- Ladders and step ladders
- Manual handling at work guide
- Reporting accidents at work – the law
- Using work equipment safely
- Working safely with chemicals
- Safety policy and risk assessment template
- Compulsory insurance
Working with FirstPort
- Health & Safety requirements
- Supplier portal: Dealing with orders
- Supplier portal: Raising and submitting an invoice
- Supplier portal: Raising a credit note
- Supplier portal: Submitting and viewing a change request
It is important to us that our contractors are Health & Safety compliant, please read our Supplier and Contractor Terms and Conditions.
New Contractual Commitments for the General Data Protection Regulation
From 25 May 2018, the terms set out attached come into force between you and FirstPort to coincide with the taking effect of the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (“GDPR”). These will also apply to any sub-contractors. Read our New Contractual Commitments.
Naturally, where necessary, we employ contractors and suppliers to work on specific tasks. You need to know that those individuals and companies are fit for residential property management purpose.