1. Advice for FirstPort residents
Updated: 17 May 2021
The health and safety of our residents, employees and contractors is always our priority.
We have carefully reviewed the guidance from government and industry bodies and we are responding to this in the way we manage your home.
The operational changes we have made in response to COVID-19 for the different type of homes we care for are detailed in sections 4-6.
From 17 May, step three of the Government’s four-step roadmap will see England restrictions start to lift further. The below table is an overview of our management approach:
Government Roadmap: Step three
|Permanent on-site employees|
(See section 3 for more information)
|Employees will continue to work from developments.|
Social distancing guidance will be followed at all times.
Area Managers and
Visiting members of staff will resume site visits as they did before government restrictions were introduced.
Social distancing guidance will be followed at all times.
|Communal area cleaning, gardening, grounds maintenance and window cleaning||These services will carry on as they did before government restrictions were introduced.|
|Essential reactive maintenance||Essential services will continue to be undertaken, as they have done throughout the pandemic.|
|Major works projects|
All major works projects will resume, but with some additional protocols in place to make sure we are working within government guidance.
Approach in Wales: National restrictions apply in Wales and follow the same approach highlighted in the above table.
Approach in Scotland: National restrictions apply in Scotland. More information about our response can be found on the FirstPort Scotland website.
We’d like to thank all our customers for their understanding over the last year and we look forward to returning to normal ways of working.
2. Customer services
Our customer support and property management teams are still here to help you. Some of our employees are working from home and you may experience a slower service at certain times of the day so to help with this, we’ve increased the size of our email team.
For non-urgent enquiries, the best way to reach our team is by email:
For Property Services customers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For Bespoke customers, please email email@example.com
For former BRAM customers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For former Chamonix customers, please email email@example.com
For Retirement customers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Interacting with your neighbours and development staff
Despite restrictions easing, we must all follow social distancing guidance, which is that you stay two metres away from people not in your household, so we can keep everyone safe. We’ll make sure our staff and contractors remain vigilant too by always following social distancing measures when around residents, and by wearing PPE (i.e. face coverings) where it’s appropriate.
Our employees are aware that they must not come to work if they or anyone in their household is showing symptoms of Covid-19. They are strictly following social distancing guidance and, where possible, will try to avoid the use of public transport to travel to the development. This may impact their available hours at the development, but they will continue to be available as usual during working hours even if they are not on site.
4. For developments with communal facilities and/or site staff
This advice may vary depending on your development’s individual needs, please check in with your Property/Development Manager if you have any questions about your home.
- Parcel delivery: These services will continue at your development as they did before government restrictions were introduced.
- Bins & refuse collection: These services will continue at your development as they did before government restrictions were introduced.
- Communal area cleaning, gardening, grounds maintenance and window cleaning: These services will continue at your development as they did before government restrictions were introduced.
We’ll continue to keep developments in the best possible condition to stop any virus spreading. We have asked our cleaners to concentrate on high touch areas such as door handles, lift call buttons, and stair rails.
- Lifts: Full repairs, maintenance and call-out service for lifts will be available.
- Communal systems: Repairs to communal heating system will be completed as normal.
- Gyms, swimming pools and recreational facilities:
At developments where we have site-based staff:
– Swimming pools and gyms are open. There are some changes to opening times and limits to the number of residents that can use these facilities at any one time to make sure we are following the latest government guidance. Where possible there is a booking system in place. There is also enhanced cleaning in place and one-way entrance and exit systems where possible.
– Saunas and steam rooms will be open with reduced capacity.
At developments where there are no site-based staff: Unfortunately, pools and gyms remain closed at these developments. This is because we are not able to meet the enhanced cleaning and management requirements set out by the Government within the service charge budget. We are keeping this under review and will open them as soon as possible.
Parks and playgrounds are open. However, we have been asked to operate time restrictions by some local authorities. Where we don’t have site staff to manage this, we may need to close the facility.
- Essential reactive maintenance: Essential services will continue to be undertaken, as they have done throughout the pandemic.
If you need any further information about any of the above services at your development, please contact your Property or Development Manager.
5. For estates
All grounds maintenance and reactive services will continue at your development as they did before government restrictions were introduced.
If you need any further information about these services at your development, please contact your Estates Manager.
6. For retirement developments
- We’ll continue to keep developments in the best possible condition to stop any virus from spreading. We have asked our cleaners to concentrate on high touch areas such as door handles, lift call buttons, and stair rails.
- We’ve tweaked some of our Development Managers’ duties in order to observe social distancing guidance, such as cancelling in-apartment services, but they continue to complete important development safety checks and daily checks on all our residents remotely from their office using the warden call system or telephone.
- We have a QR codes in place at developments so we can log any visitors.
- Our communal lounges will be open from 17 May 2021 with some restrictions to keep everyone safe, such as reduced opening hours and a booking system to meet the Government restrictions around numbers meeting indoors.
7. Useful information
Please refer to the links below for the most recent information from the Government and NHS about the Coronavirus situation in the UK.
The Government’s latest advice:
- www.gov.uk/coronavirus (England)
- www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19 (Scotland)
- www.gov.wales/coronavirus (Wales)
NHS latest advice: www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
Government travel advice: www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
For customer services, please contact us as follows. If your query is not urgent, please consider emailing the team instead on the appropriate address below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible:
Property Services: email@example.com or 0333 321 4080
Bespoke: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0333 321 4045
Former BRAM customers: email@example.com or 0333 0050 227
Former Chamonix customers: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0330 380 0595
Retirement: email@example.com or 0333 321 4041
Payments line: 0333 321 4079