Using our scale as the largest Property Manager in the UK, we have the potential to reach a huge number of people - our 3,200 staff, the residents in the 180,000 homes that we manage, and thousands of suppliers we work with. Some areas the initiative will cover include:
- Staff: Our staff will mentor their peers, enabling them to support each other and their residents in improving their digital skills. We’ve recruited 10 of our own Digital Eagles to support and assist colleagues and residents to get connected and improve their digital skills.
- Bright young residents: We are set to develop ‘code playgrounds’ (a concept first introduced by Barclays) which are interactive workshops designed to teach the new generation vital coding skills to help bridge the digital skills gap.
- Creative and entrepreneurial residents: We will look to set up workspaces with the latest digital equipment within developments to give residents with creative or entrepreneurial endeavours the spaces and tools to help them create and grow their digital ventures.
- Retired residents: Our Digital Eagles will tackle head on the issues of digital exclusion and isolation among the older generation by supporting residents over 55 years of age living in one of our specialist retirement properties to increase their digital know-how.
- Contractors and suppliers: The programme will enable us to work with partners to drive forward digital innovation in property management, as part of the growing ‘prop-tech’ sector, which could revolutionise how we work with contractors, for the benefit of residents.
You can read more about our Digital Eagles plans here.